NAR Mandated Changes –
- Section 11 – Ownership of MLS Compilation and Copyright – The Digital Millennium Copy Right Act (DMCA) notice has been added. Courts construe the definition of “online service provider” broadly, which would likely include MLSs as well as participants and subscribers hosting an IDX display on their websites Read More…….
- IDX Section 18.3.8 – Display of expired and withdrawn, pending and sold listings is prohibited.
- VOW Section 19.15 a- A participant’s VOW may not make available for search by or display to Registrants any of the following information: expired, pending and withdrawn listings
Pending listings will be added to the RETS feed on March 1st. Advance notice will be given to all web vendors receiving our RETS feed.
Changes Recommended by the MLS Committee and approved by the Board of Directors 2/16/2016
- Section 1 – Listing Procedures – A minimum of one photo, (example; view of the subject property, the view from the subject property, floor plan, aerial photo, architectural rendering or plat map) is required with each listed property and must be added within Forty-Eight (48) hours (excepting weekends, holidays, and postal holidays) after all necessary signatures have been obtained. Interior pictures may not be used for the main photo. Any and all photos that are brought to the attention of the RAFGC office as possibly being offensive or inappropriate for display in the MLS will be reviewed by the Board of Directors and their decision as to whether the photo(s) should be removed will be final.
- Section 9.1.1 – Alleged Violations: Prohibited Activities #11 – Submitting media (photograph, virtual tour, URL, or other media type) of a listed property that includes people, pets or marketing/ promotional messages made on behalf of the listing broker, seller or a third party company